1. Prep, prep, prep
2. Wearing underwear accomplished for the first time
3. Discovered Tyler does not mind sitting in pee covered clothes
4. Candy, toys, and positive feedback not working
5. Taking away clothes not working
6. Making a list not working
7. Restricting iPad helping to get him on toilet
8. I don’t think Tyler is aware of peeing until his clothes are wet and he doesn’t really notice that either
9. Reminders aren’t working
10. Sitting on potty every 15 minutes not working
11. Be prepared to do laundry
12. Turn down tv volume
13. Drink, drink, drink
14. Put a towel under him
15. Prepare for a Day 2
Today has been hard for Tyler and myself. But tomorrow we try again. Success or fail, we will do it together. Autism was present today, but it did not dictate our goals.
Other families are going through this too. Please consider giving to Autism Speaks to support families living and growing with autism.
From my heart,
At least lego boy and lego dog were having fun.
(C) Rachel Flinchum 7/29/2013